Nicholls remanded

A 36-year-old mother, who declared she was only seeking to protect her son when she stabbed a man with a knife, will spend the next six days on remand.

Katrina Maria Nicholls, of No 105 Denton Road, Grazettes, St Michael pleaded guilty to unlawfully and maliciously wounding Christopher Bailey on August 23.

Nicholls’ 17-year-old son was involved in a fight with another young man over a video circulating on social media.

Bailey intervened and stopped the fight.

But, prosecutor Sergeant Edwin Pinder said the situation was apparently far from over as Nicholl’s son went home, took up a knife and cutlass and returned to the scene, with his mother on his heels.

The prosecutor said instead of putting an end to the situation Nicholls took the knife and stabbed Bailey, who was the peacemaker.

The matter was reported to police and she was arrested.

“I did not mean to stab Christopher Bailey. . . I just panicked and I juk him in the shoulder and I apologize to him and I told him I would like to pay his medical bills,” Nicholls explained.

But, the magistrate made it clear that that she was “disturbed by the facts” of the incident as “your son left the scene and got a knife and a Collins and that you took the knife from your son. You had the knife and your son had the Collins and you stabbed Bailey who had parted your son and the other person,” the magistrate stated.

Nicholls replied: “Ma’am he had cuff my son in his face. . . I took the knife not to stab him I was just trying to protect my son.”

Nicholls will know her fate when she reappears before the District ‘A’ Magistrate’s Court on September 14 when Bailey is also expected to make an appearance.

The post Nicholls remanded appeared first on Barbados Today.



from Barbados Today https://ift.tt/2Cy5VsM
via IFTTT https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
Nicholls remanded Nicholls remanded Reviewed by Unknown on September 08, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.