Two dead in London terror attack

London, November 29

Two people were killed and several others injured in a terrorist attack at London Bridge on Friday as Scotland Yard confirmed that a male suspect wearing a hoax bomb vest was shot dead at the scene.

Scotland Yard’s Head of Counter Terrorism Policing, Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu, said a “number” of people had been injured, some of whom were said to be critical.

Two members of the public rushed to the hospital from the scene of the attack have died, a government source confirmed to the BBC.

“While the investigation is ongoing, the police can confirm that this was a terrorist incident,” British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said.

 “I also want to pay tribute to the extraordinary bravery of those members of the public who physically intervened to protect the lives of others,” he said. — PTI

"A number of other people received injuries during this incident," Basu said. "We believe a device that was strapped to the body of the suspect was a hoax explosive device." 

 


from The Tribune https://ift.tt/2Oyamrh
via IFTTT https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
Two dead in London terror attack Two dead in London terror attack Reviewed by Unknown on November 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.